Thursday, September 15, 2005

Top Five Top 5 Lists.

Your mind tends to wander when you're painting the roof of a barn.
It isn't very brainy work, so my mind drifts to musical musings, influences, high points and low points. So by the end of the evenings work, I'd compiled five Top 5 lists in my head. Things I've always wanted to discuss with people, so here's my chance to share it.
Have you ever thought about listing your Top 5 favorite albums? That could never happen for me unless you gave me a genre, a time period, or an artist. Then I could probably come up with a Top 5. So here are today's five Top 5 lists with no explanations, only ranking.

Top 5 Songs from Elvis’ early period.

1. That’s Alright Mama 1955
2. Teddy Bear 1957
3. Heartbreak Hotel 1956
4. All Shook Up 1957
5. Don’t Be Cruel 1956

Top 5 Songs my imaginary band will cover.
1. Runnin’ Down a Dream-Tom Petty
2. I’m Too Sexy-Right Said Fred
3. Funky Town- Wild Cherry
4. Lithium-Nirvana
5. Eight Days A Week-The Beatles

Top 5 Songs I’m ashamed to say I love.
1. Straight Up-Paula Abdul
2. Ice Ice Baby-Vanilla Ice
3. Since You Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson
4. Chariot- Gavin Degraw
5. If It Makes You Happy-Sheryl Crow

Top 5 Songs I’ll never be sick of.
1. Good Vibrations- The Beach Boys
2. Georgia On a Fast Train- Billy Joe Shaver
3. Under the Bridge-Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. Baby Don’t You Cry-Ray Charles
5. Another One Bites The Dust- Queen


Top 5 Concerts I’ve been to.
1. George Jones & Tracy Lawrence -Beckley, WV circa 1992
2. Jerry Reed- Beckley, WV circa 1995
3. Rufus Wainwright- James Madison University VA 2002
4. Guster- St. Joseph Philadelphia PA 2001
5. Tool- Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke VA 2002

*Honorable Mention goes to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They're my favorite band and I saw them the same day Johnny Cash died. It was a great concert, but the Queens of the Stone Age were and are terrible.
2nd Honorable Mention to Incubus. My favorite band at the time put on an incredible show, but Hoobastank were and are terrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home